We are writing to you today to let you know that Car-Part has decided not to release 83.3 Interchange to any Car-Part product. This includes Checkmate and Checkmate add-on products (such as Bidmate and Partmate). This also includes our online marketplaces such as Car-Part.com, Car-Part Pro, mobile Car-Part.com websites and apps, Trading Partners, Car-Part Messaging (iCPM), and your own business websites and mobile apps hosted by Car-Part.com.
As you may know, products by Car-Part.com use Car-Part Interchange. To create each version of Car-Part Interchange, we begin with industry Interchange data. We then review and analyze this data and make improvements, such as additional interchange for more parts. This enhanced Car-Part Interchange is then released to our products.
After reviewing the 83.3 Interchange provided to us, we noticed errors that may impact your inventory. These errors include:
- Lost Interchange coverage for parts on certain vehicles
- Missing Interchange notes
- Missing remarks: Remarks are the mechanism that allow your inventory to move automatically when Interchange numbers change. The missing remarks can result in inventory going into resolution. Parts in resolution are harder for your salespeople to find and they will not show up in online search results.
- Remarks pointing to invalid Interchange numbers: This could cause invalid interchange numbers to be applied to your inventory, making some parts impossible to search for.
Here is just a sample of the lost Interchange coverage that we noticed:
- 2016 Toyota 4Runner quarter panel (interchange #60443 and #60444)
- 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup back glass (interchange #0396A, #0396B, #0396C, and #0396D)
- 2016 BMW 330e transmissions (interchange #63209 and #63210)
With these and thousands of additional problems we've observed, we have made the decision not to release this 83.3 Interchange in Car-Part software and marketplaces. We expect 83.4 Interchange to be delayed so we can continue to address and fix quality issues in the Interchange that is provided to us, before we deliver it to you. We are working diligently to resolve these issues as quickly as we can while ensuring that your Interchange quality is as expected. We feel that staying on 83.2 is the best approach even though you may encounter slight incompatibilities with recyclers on other inventory management systems who have moved to 83.3 Interchange. Your 83.2 Interchange remains 100% compatible with the Car-Part.com marketplace.
If you have any questions about this decision, please contact your support or sales representative, or you can ask questions in your Car-Part support chat room.