| || |
This page is an archive of previously-published content. The information was accurate at the time it was published; however, the information may no longer be accurate or complete. If you have any questions about current Car-Part products, please contact your sales or support rep.
|Volume 08 - Issue 11|
Are You Turning Away Brokering Sales?
Make sure to share this information with all salespeople. If your staff doesn't know how to recognize these requests, they are probably turning these sales away!
Do you broker parts, either on Car-Part Pro or on your own website? Brokering is a program that allows you to establish relationships with other recyclers or vendors, to show their parts under your own name in search results on your website or on Car-Part Pro. Brokering allows you to display parts as available from you not only when you physically have them in stock, but also when you have access to them. This allows you to virtually increase your inventory without increasing your warehouse space or making a large initial investment. You meet your customer's needs by providing a larger inventory and access to rare or specialty parts, and you profit on the markup you apply (which will be invisible to your customer). (Don't have brokering, but want to learn more? Contact your salesperson or call our main line at 859-344-1925.)
When a customer searches for a part that you broker to display online, the stock number displayed with the part might be unrecognizable to you. If a customer contacts you about a part with a stock number that starts with the letter "e" that means they're calling about a part you are brokering from another recycler or vendor!
A brokered part's stock number appears in search results like this: "e1234 98765"
The "e" indicates that this is a brokered part. The numbers following the "e" (1234) note the supplier's account number with Car-Part.com. The second string of numbers (98765) indicate this supplier's stock number.
When you recognize that this part is a brokered part, it won't show as "in stock" in your management system - you need to look it up through Trading Partners. Here's how:
- Look up the part in your inventory management system, and perform a Trading Partners search with your Price F-key (so you don't post a request). (You can also look the part up through iCPM's Interchange tab and click the Price button.)
- In the top menu of your Trading Partners results, click the Brokered Parts button.
One more tip - if the customer calling you is a Car-Part Pro user, you can ask them to click the Confirm Availability button for this part to have their search information instantly sent to your iCPM's Verify tab. (Your parts will only have a Confirm Availability option if you are signed up for Real Time Part Verification.)
- The Broker results display all of the parts you are brokering for this year/model/part from other recyclers or from vendors. It includes your brokers for both Car-Part Pro and your own website. Look for the supplier's stock number to match the part your customer is requesting (in the example above, the stock number is 98765).
- The prices displayed in the Broker results are the total price for the part only - including the supplier's price as well as your own markup. These prices do not include delivery or warranty charges, so the price may not match on requests from Car-Part Pro.
- If you have this part in stock, your parts will also show in this list! Maybe your customer is calling about a brokered part because of a price difference - but if you have the same part, in similar quality, you might want to suggest the part you already have in stock.
Have questions? Want to learn more about brokering or the Confirm Availability button? Contact your support rep directly, or call our main line at 859-344-1925. We look forward to talking with you!
| || ||Did You Know?|
The Confirm Availability button displayed to your customers relies on a Real Time Part Verification connection to work. This connection between Car-Part Pro and your inventory management system is facilitated by iCPM. Each yard has a specific iCPM account dedicated to this connection, and that account must be signed in to iCPM for the Confirm Availability button to work. If you aren't sure which account at your business is dedicated to this connection, contact your support rep for assistance.
Tennessee Tow Show – Chattanooga, TN
September 10-12, 2015
Autovision Conference – Louisville, KY
September 14-15, 2015
Annual CIECA Symposium – Tampa, FL
September 14-16, 2015
Canadian Collision Industry Forum – Calgary, AB
September 17-18, 2015
State of California Auto Dismantlers Association (SCADA) – San Francisco, CA
September 17-19, 2015
Booths 5 & 6
ARPAC – Cacouna (Riviere-du-Loup), QC
September 17-20, 2015
Midwest Regional Tow Show – Mason, OH
September 24-27, 2015
© 2015 Car-Part.com. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.